If there is nobody present and the property is accessible, the courier will leave a calling card to advise your recipient that delivery was attempted. As couriers require a signature, parcels cannot be left unattended. Standard delivery takes place during normal business hours (9 am-6 pm) Monday-Friday, excluding Irish Public Holidays.
- If your recipient is not available to accept their item when we attempt delivery, this is what will happen-
- By phone, we offer them the following range of options for alternative delivery options along the same delivery route: Please ensure to provide a phone number for the recipient.
- Leave the delivery with a neighbour specifically selected by the recipient
- Delivery to a nearby participating Post Office;
- Delivery to a nearby participating PostPoint Retail Outlet;
- Delivery to the nearest Delivery Sorting Office.
- We will re-address the item in line with your customer’s chosen option and deliver it to the agreed alternative delivery point;
- We will deliver a note to the original delivery address to advise them of successful delivery to the alternative delivery point – they will need this note to collect their item.
- Every effort will be made to have your products delivered on the date requested but specific delivery times or dates cannot be guaranteed.
- The parcel will be held for 5 days before being returned to the sender if it is not collected.
Irish Public Holidays
New Year's Day Mon 3 Jan 2022
St. Patrick's Day Thu 17 Mar 2022
Day of Remembrance and Recognition Fri 18 Mar 2022
Easter Monday Mon 18 Apr 2022
Early May Bank Holiday Mon 2 May 2022
June Bank Holiday Mon 6 Jun 2022
August Bank Holiday Mon 1 Aug 2022
October Bank Holiday Mon 31 Oct 2022
Christmas Day Sun 25 Dec 2022
St. Stephen's Day Mon 26 Dec 2022